Monday, November 7, 2011

Feeling... blue.

As a non-english native speaker I always wonder about the meaning of the expression "feeling blue". Is it because blue is associated to sadness? I think that cannot be the explanation, because blue, in all of its shades, is such a beautiful color and has no relation -at least for me- with anything but wealth, luxury, relax...

What do you think about blue? Tell me, I´d love to know :)

Meanwhile, let´s check what blues I have found in these amazing shops!











And from GMaEllenCrochetGifts´s shop, this beautiful Seed bead, Preciosa Czech glass, transparent rainbow teal ready to be used for your next favorite project :)


* * * * *

If you are an Etsy artist that also like to blog and are looking for some support and promotion, come and join us at the BESTeam. Visit the Team Blog or the Team Page at Etsy for more information. See you there!

6 comments:

  1. Marisa you've made such a good point! Yes we *including myself* use the term "feeling blue" to associate with sadness, depression, and just not feeling well. I personally think of rain, dark clouds and the deep depth of navy blue. It becomes like a black hole in my mind, but with what you said its like another side of my brain woke up and thought of bright blue sky's and crystal clear oceans on a sunny day. I don't know how I could ever thank you for giving me that perspective!!!

    With blue *turquoise in particular* being my favorite color I'm surprised i never thought of this before, I love all your picks by the way <3 HUGS

    Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Gracie...!! I understand what you say, perhaps I associate sadness with gray or black, or yes, with the darkest navy blue. But even that last one, combined with yellow, mustard or dark red, looks spectacular and reflects other feelings, has other meanings... don´t you think?
    Happy you liked my picks :)
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful feature. There are many sayings that I don't understand, feeling blue being one of them. And like Veronica, I love the color turqoise also, (but I love orange more, lol)
    Debbi
    - ourhometoyours

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fine chocie of blue-green items!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for including my Fenton plate! Nothing but blue skies coming our way! Aloha, Connie

    ReplyDelete